Breaking News!

/
9 Comments

My husband is reading a BOOK! 
Yup you read that right, a book, not a bike magazine - a book.
I bought him 'The Bro Code' book for Valentine's day because I heard it was super funny and because we love the show How I Met Your Mother.


AND he is actually reading it! 
He read some to me last night before bed and it was hilarious. 

This weekend we watched:

and this:


We liked both a lot. 
I had read the book to the movie 127 hours and I thought they did a great job. James Franco was fantastic. Justin said it was similar to that awful movie I told you about Buried and it SO was not. This one was way better and not ridiculously depressing like the other. So there.
And the fighter was great too. Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale both played their roles very well. I would recommend both.

Lily and I watched Despicable Me on Sunday and it was SO funny.
I borrowed this from Crystal so I am going to have to watch this again for sure. 
And yes Krink - this was the funniest part 
ever! So cute.


And lastly I thought I would share with you 2 of my very favorite wines AND they are both Canadian! Go Canada!
This one is Latitude 50 from Grey Monk Winery in Kelowna, BC.
We love that winery, probably our 2nd favorite winery, and the wine is delicious.
This is one of my Gran & Uncle Brian's favorites too!




And this one is from Wayne Gretzky's winery just outside of Niagara, Ontario.
We stopped there on our way home from our last trip out to see Jeff in Geneseo.

And that's it!
We are having a lazy holiday Monday but enjoying every minute of it. 
Have a great day! :)

 


Related Posts

9 comments:

Rachel and John said...

mmmmm wine!Only 9 more weeks!

Erica said...

I have tried for YEARS to get my husband to read a book...he still hasn't! So yay for your husband!

Also, I want to see both the Fighter and 127 Hours, so i'm glad to hear they were good!

Ashley Slater said...

isn't it funny how if guys actually read a book it is like THE COOLEST thing ever and they want to share parts of it but then when you read like 50 books its no big deal. haha

glad he is reading an actual book! My husband won't put down MacWorld and Consumers Report long enough to start on something more substantial...haha

Jaclyn said...

What great goodies! I'm dying to see 127 Hours (and Buried, actually :) ) and adore HIMYM. "Despicable Me" was one of the best movies of last year! And might I recommend "How to Train Your Dragon"? The fact that Wayne Gretzky wine exists cracks me up.

Jessi said...

I wish my boyfriend would read...not gonna happen though!

I have yet to see Despicable Me but I've only heard good things, so I guess I should get on that.

Mrs. B said...

Oooh, I'm totally going to have to get my Hubs that book! He LOVES HIMYM. Let me know if Justin likes it! :)

Leigh said...

Haha that's funny that Justin is reading a book! He should try "Hope they serve beer in hell"..it's a little raunchy, but hilarious!

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend :)

Kristin said...

thanks for the book suggestion! boys need to read more!

krink said...

First off I want to say that hell has definitely frozen over if my brother is actually reading a book! Take cover... the apocalyps must be upon us! But it also sounds like it would be a great book. When Justin's finished with it... could Troy borrow it?
And secondly... that was definitely the best part of the movie! I just loved how the little girl changed her voice to scream "HE'S SO FLUFFY!!!" Oh that was the best! Glad you and Lily enjoyed it :D
xoxo