Life is Good Award

/
7 Comments

Well I just love this award I just got from from my Guacamole loving friend Al over at Traffic Jelly.

Here it is:


Isn't it pretty! Thank you so much Al, I am giving it right back to you.

The rules for the Life is Good Award:

1. First, thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
2. Answer the 10 survey questions
3. Pass the award along to other bloggers whom you think are fantastic
4. Contact the bloggers you have chosen to let them know about the award.

The Survey Questions:

1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now?
I'm not anonymous. I'm Alison and I don't mind. The blog started as a blog just for us and family and friends to keep up with what we were doing and to share photos. It has turned into so much more for me. I love blogging everyday, all the new 'friends' I have made, the great comments and conversations I have with my followers and sweet comments from my family members and friends. I love it ad wouldn't change anything.

2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side.
I'm not stubborn, really. Not one bit. ;)
My husband on the other hand...
Ok I may have been a little stubborn when I had my thumb injury.
I hated that it prevented me from doing things, so I may have done things a week before I was "allowed" but I would call that eager or motivated, definitely not stubborn. tee hee
I asked Justin an example of how I am stubborn and he said:
"You will not leave my gloves at the back door, you must put them in the closet".
 This made me laugh because this has to do with my enormous dislike of clutter.
Why leave them on the hutch if they 'belong' in the closet in your labeled bin?
Oh dear. Stubborn shmubborn.


3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?


Wow. Tricky question.
I seriously just sat and stared at the screen for about 7 minutes. That's hard to answer.
I see a very lucky lady.
Someone with a great husband, dog daughter, family and friends.
I see someone who is passionate about the above 4 things in a very serious way.
I see someone who no longer has roots, ha ha, thanks to my hairdresser!
Someone whose skin does not like this cold weather or something because it has decided to become 'a problem'.
I see someone who is excited about the future. Someone who thinks Life is pretty darn Good. Hence why I think this award is pretty darn great!


4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?
mmmm....summer....
Mojitos.
Slushy drinks in our Margarita Ville machine at the lake.
White wine with ice cubes.
Banana or Crystal Light slurpees.


 
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
Workout.
Watch movies or our shows.
Shop.
Blog and read blogs.


6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life?
For sure. There is a lot I would still like to accomplish. I have a bucket list and add to it often!
But right now having kids it right at the top, as well as travelling more and saving.



 
7. When you attended high school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?
I would say I was shy to a certain extent but I don't think any of my friends would classify me as shy. I didn't really mingle outside of my "group". I did date someone outside of our group but didn't really put myself out there to meet a lot of other people in other grades, groups etc.
We were a happy 'group'. I was def not an overachiever or a ditcher. I think I may have skipped a class to study for another one but that's about it.




8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see?
When my family took a trip to Jamaica.
Our wedding.
Our honeymoon.
Our drive out to get Cruz and our first few weeks with her.




9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events?

I'm pretty comfortable, it's our blog so why shouldn't I be. I don't really beat around the bush or censor what I have on my mind. I just really write openly about what's going on, what I am thinking and hope I don't bore people with our day to day life stuff! If they don't like it, don't read right.




10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
I would sit down and read a book. I love reading and usually only find time to read before bed for 15-30 minutes. But if I am really into a book I try and sneak in more time.
For instance when I was reading "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult, I wanted to read all day long.
Seriously, if you haven't read that book - read it. My Mom is reading it right now and we have chatted a lot about it together. I have worked with kids and teens with Autism for 11 years now and this book really opened my eyes in a serious way. I think about the book on a daily basis now when I chat with our students and try and keep in mind how literal they are and how they think and view the world differently.
On Tuesday we toured a new student and he reminded me a lot about the boy in the book. We were showing him his new possible classroom and his Mom told him "the floor is yours if you have any questions". He replied with "Don't be ridiculous Mom, the floor is not mine it belongs to the school". Case in point, they are so literal and I adore them.
Anyways - read it, you won't be disappointed (and it is not my fault if you want to read in the shower, in your sleep or while driving!)

It is so hard to award it to just a few people because I think so many of you are fantastic!
So I award all of you.
(I know Justin is going to say I'm cheating and not following the rules but oh well. It's Friday. So I can.)
 I'd love to see everyones answers to these 10 questions and I'd hope everyone thinks "Life is Good!" so answer away and steal this cute button above!

And while you're at it, have a spectacular weekend. Enjoy. xo




Related Posts

7 comments:

Rachel and John said...

I love reading about your day to day life! YAY for the weekend!Happy Friday to you!

Justin said...

That is cheating, I think you need to individually tell people that they got it, otherwise they might feel like they didn't actually receive it.
And I don't leave my gloves on they hutch for long,they're just there while I'm at home and not using them.
hahah
Love ya Babe!

Ashley said...

I love that your husband wrote you a sweet note on your blog!! LOL! I hope you have a great day!!

Jessica said...

Reading Justin's reply was the funniest part, bahaha!!! Hope you two have a good weekend. ;)

Suze said...

I love this! have a great weekend, this girl will due to her fab hair stylist and new "do" plus i enjoyed learning more about you and want to know where to find " margarita ville mixer"?

Megan said...

Hahaa, how funny that Justin wrote you a comment! Love it! I totally prefer reading, too!!

Megan said...

Oh, your hair looks amazing by the way!!