An award on a snowy day!

/
5 Comments

It is a snowy, bitterly cold winter day today so right now I am cuddled on the couch with a blanket over me, Justin is playing video games and Cruzie is sleeping at our feet.
All I need is a Starbucks!
I am testing out my brother laptop we all got him for Christmas and I am thinking that I need one...sitting on the couch while on the computer is pretty great!
We just got home from a visit to my parents to see Nana.
YES she in FINALLY out of the hospital. Thank goodness.


Well I would like to thank the beautiful Monique from Making Memories of Us for awarding me with the "Stylish Blogger Award".


 The Rules are:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Award to recently discovered bloggers.

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award.

So again, thank you Monique. I love her blog. She currently lives in the Czech Republic where her hubby plays hockey. And she is always keeping us up with the fashion there, the hockey and their exciting adventures. Check her out, she is great.

Now I am going to change this up a bit and make it 7 things you don't know about Justin! Because I feel like I am always sharing about me me me so it's time to learn a bit about the man behind the blog!


1. He has a Black Belt in Tae Kwon. He was ranked 2nd in all of Canada at the peak of his 'career'. 
{His Uncle was a 6th degree Black Belt.}
2.  His favorite hobby is very expensive. He is a downhill mountain biker and his bike costs a lot more than his car. Then add helmets, spine protectors, legs pads, etc, etc. But he loves it so that's all that matters.
3. He was in french immersion since Grade 7. {Me Grade 1.}
4. He was Athlete of the Year for 2 years in a row.
5. He paid for my engagement ring in cash. He had been saving all of his tip money from his serving job.
{insert ahhhhhh}
Then when we traveled to Cuba (where he proposed) he hid the ring in his running shoe (my Dad's recommendation) which was in his carry on bag and he would not take the backpack off for just 1 second. I thought he was a lunatic at the time, makes sense now. :)
6. He loves coke bottles candy, Lance Armstrong, Bike, Decline or Dirt magazines (he doesn't read books), Monster energy drinks, anything Oakley, rum & cokes,  and most of all ME. ha ha.
7. Transformers was his favorite cartoon growing up. He still loves cartoons to be honest. :)


Now to pass this on to bloggers I have recently discovered and who also deserve this award:

1. Amy at Cook & Tell
5. Abbey & Stephanie at Frank and Fabulous

Thanks again Monique. Now I am going to watch my brother's game on the computer. 
Go Columbus Go!!!

Related Posts

5 comments:

Suze said...

Girl. Laptops are the best. I'm on mine sitting by the fire becuase it is cold here in the states! I loved learning about justin that is a hoot about the ring ordeal and y'all went to cuba! lucky ducks. that is insane his hobby is more expensive than a car and i was in "ahhh" about saving all serving tips to buy your ring. man. he does love you ha ha . i'll say goooo columbus tooo!!! glad your nana is outta the hospital , im thankful for that one! hope you guys stay warm in canada! xx

Megan said...

Congrats on your award!! Such a cute blog, so glad I found it!

Megan said...

Oh and ps: my hubby's name is Justin!!

Jessica said...

Glad to hear your Nana is out of the hospital, wishing her well! Enjoy your snowy day inside where it's warm. Congrats on your award. ;)

Abbey and Kevin said...

Love that you guys went to Cuba to get engaged! My dad was born and raised on the island, but being American we have never been able to visit and he hasn't been able to go back. Where in Cuba did you guys stay? Very romantic!