Lovin' Las Vegas

/
10 Comments
Well as I said yesterday, we had a great holiday. It was nice to getaway together and enjoy a bit warmer weather too! I arrived in Vegas on Wednesday night, that evening we didn't do much - Justin and a few co-workers played some poker so I watched and the waitress brought me free drinks too! Worked for me, but poor lady must have grabbed her 5 year old daughters dress to wear to work. Let's just say I was thankful at least it covered her belly button. But that was about it! I soon realized why that was the guys 'lucky' table! {smile}
We stayed here:


It was so beautiful. Very posh and perfect.
Check out the bath tub! You know I had to have a bath!


Thursday.
We got up early as Justin still had his conference all day. He made me coffee in bed and then he was off to his morning meeting. Then he met me for breakfast and then we went our separate ways.
Me = Target!
Him = Conference..
Me = 1
Justin = 0

I enjoyed my time at Target, wandered without Justin getting antsy which normally always happens when we go there together. Found some good stuff. Stocked up on Fruit Chillers.


So delicious and not available in Canada. Pout.

Happy girl with new sandals FROM CRUZ. She owed me. Why? Remember this: Letter to Uncle Jeff.



The rest of the day I wandered the shops from Mandalay Bay, through to the Luxor and to Excalibur (I didn't want to get lost!), read in the hotel (House Rules is hard to put down!), napped, did 500 ab exercises, 100 squats and 100 lunges, went for lunch with this lovely lady:


Chatted with this lovely lady:


Had a ME day basically. :) But was very happy when 7:30pm rolled around and Justin was ALL done! :)

Friday.
Suckers = Us.
Yup. We agreed to go for a "tour" of a new hotel and in return they'd give us free tickets to the Fantasy Vegas show at the Luxor and $100 for dining. Told us it would take 2 hours max. Sounded like a good plan AT THE TIME! We were there for F.I.V.E hours. AND it was like used car sales men hounding us to buy a time share. Pushy, pushy, pushy.
Well, they wasted 5 hours on these two! And we were not happy.
Grumpy us after five long hours.


But then we found HAPPY HOUR at the House of Blues and this made us happy.

 

$2 beer and $4 glasses of wine worked their magic on our mood!


As did the awesome guy singing there. He was fantastic. Got to know all the tables, obviously we were "Canada", took requests (played "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley for me!)
And would stop mid song for a $1!


Then we wandered the shops, hung out in the room, went for a delicious meal at the Nobhill Tarern, went for a drink at the Ice Bar then to our Fantasy Vegas show at the Luxor. It was sort of a modern take on the typical Vegas show, with a hilarious comedian added in between the girls performances. WE enjoyed it and it was free for surviving our horrendous morning!!


Saturday.
We went to the Las Vegas Premium Outlet mall.
Shopping, shopping, shopping!
Went for a yummy dinner before Zumanity at the Studio Cafe.
Yuppers, I had ribs.


Zumanity was incredible.
One of the best acts of Zumanity. 


Some of the crazy cast.


Us after the show.


My hot man.


His wife.


Sunday.
We went to the other outlet mall (yes lucky me!)
Justin bought me a Coach purse for Christmas - but it's a surprise so don't tell me! But luuuuv it!

Basically killed time so we went to the Mermaid Bar.
Justin watched football, I watched the jelly fish!
It changed colors!!!


Our seats!
Me = Ariel
Justin = Shamu
ha ha ha


And now we are home!
Happy as clams.

Thank you Justin for an amazing trip.

I am one very lucky girl to have such an amazing guy to call MY husband. He spoiled me silly this past weekend and really loves me unconditionally. Not much more I could ask for.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.
  

Related Posts

10 comments:

Caroline said...

This sounds like it was an awesome trip. Vegas is so amazing. You looked so pretty too! Can't wait to see your "surprise" Coach purse! :)

Suze said...

Girlie you had yourself a wonderful time i giggled when i read that you chatted with this lady and it was you! my dumb self dopped up on meds thought you found a twin looked like you and talked to her ha ha. im loving that dress and the new shoes eeeee! you looked lovely as always! house of blues is terrific place to be and $4 wines yes i think i'd be a happy camper too! im jealous! take me next time you go to vegas and enjoy your "surprise" coach purse!

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time in Vegas! I'm jealous you got to go to Target...I haven't been in so long!

Kristin said...

This post makes me want to go back to Vegas STAT!! You are one lucky girl staying at theHotel!! The tub looks amazing! Glad you stayed strong and didnt get sucked into a time share! I hate when people are pushy!!

kebowman said...

This makes me wanna go to Vegas!!!

Jessica said...

Looks like you had a blast, even without Justin! ;)

I've never been and really want to go. LOL

its simple love said...

It looks like you guys had a lovely time! You look oh so gorgeous. I really want to go see the Zumanity show. I have never heard of it.

Rachael

Carolyn @ life, love & puppy prints said...

Sounds like a great trip! :)

Jessi said...

That looks like an amazing trip. I love Vegas, and I, too, had a hard time looking at the servers outfits. (not as bad as Miami though!)

I'm a new follower. Can't wait to see more in the future!

Lauren said...

It looks like an amazing trip!! I have never been to Vegas, maybe someday!