Workout & Wellness Wednesday

/
5 Comments

I can't believe it's already:

 This is my last week off before I conquer 2 camps at the zoo with 2 of my fav kiddies and then back to work! Where has the summer gone?! Poof!

Yesterday I called about my new Jillian Micheals DVD (that hasn't arrived yet - pout) and I was very sad when the helpful lady at the JM help desk informed me that since I live in Canada it could take up to 24 days from the release date! 24 flippin' days are you kidding me! Canada isn't' that far people, our neighbors are not the mars martians! For the love. :( So I wait. Patiently. Because we all know I do that so well. I'm gonna try not to think about it.

Anyways on to:

 

Worst Drinks for YOU! 

 

Worst Bottled Tea

SoBe Green Tea (1 bottle, 20 fl oz)

240 calories
0 g fat
61 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 4 slices Sara Lee Cherry Pie

 

Worst Energy Drink

Rockstar Energy Drink (1 can, 16 fl oz)

280 calories
0 g fat
62 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 6 Krispy Kreme Original Glazed Doughnuts
 One can provides nearly as much sugar as half a box of Nilla Wafers. In fact, it has 60 more calories than the same amount of Red Bull and 80 more than a can of Monster. Monster offers all the caffeine and B vitamins with just enough sugar to cut through the funky extracts.

Worst Bottled Coffee

Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino (1 bottle, 13.7 fl oz)

290 calories
4.5 g fat (2.5 g saturated)
45 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 32 Nilla Wafers


 

Worst Soda

Sunkist (1 bottle, 20 fl oz)

320 calories
0 g fat
84 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 6 Breyers Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches
  What's worse? Its reliance on the artificial colors yellow 6 and red 40—two chemicals that may be linked to behavioral and concentration problems in children.

Worst Kids' Drink

Tropicana Tropical Fruit Fury Twister (1 bottle, 20 fl oz)

340 calories
0 g fat
60 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: Two 7-ounce canisters Reddi-wip
The Twister line is just that: a drink with 10 percent juice and 90 percent sugar laced with a glut of artificial flavors and coloring. You could actually save 200 calories by choosing a can of Pepsi instead.



Worst Drive-Thru Shake

McDonald’s Triple Thick Chocolate Shake (large, 32 fl oz)

1,160 calories
27 g fat (16 g saturated, 2 g trans)
168 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 13 McDonald’s Baked Hot Apple Pies
 Not only does it have more than half your day’s caloric and saturated fat allotment and more sugar than you’d find in Willy Wonka’s candy lab, but Ronald even finds a way to sneak in a full day of cholesterol-spiking trans fat. The scariest part about this drink is that it’s most likely America’s most popular milk shake.


Worst Frozen Coffee Drink

Dairy Queen Caramel MooLatte (24 fl oz)

870 calories
24 g fat (19 g saturated, 1 g trans)
112 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 12 Dunkin’ Donuts Bavarian Kreme Doughnuts
Coffee-dessert hybrids are among the worst breed of beverages. This one delivers 1 gram of fat and 4.6 grams of sugar in every ounce, making even Starbucks’ over-the-top line of Frappuccinos look like decent options. 


Worst Espresso Drink

Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha with Whipped Cream (venti, 20 fl oz)

660 calories
22 g fat (15 g saturated)
95 g sugars Sugar Equivalent: 8½ scoops Edy’s Slow Churned Rich and Creamy Coffee Ice Cream
In this 20-ounce cup, Starbucks manages to pack in more calories and saturated fat than two slices of deep-dish sausage and pepperoni pizza from Domino’s. That makes it the equivalent of dinner and dessert disguised as a cup of coffee. If you want a treat, look to Starbucks’ supply of sugar-free syrups; if you want a caffeine buzz, stick to the regular joe, an Americano, or a cappuccino.



All info from:

Related Posts

5 comments:

Syndal said...

holy. canoli. thank you for posting this! I started looking up info about yellow 6 & red 40 also, and holy cow. It's so scary to know how much non-food food we consume every day.

Rachel and John said...

Gross! That's John's favorite Iced Tea. I can't wait to tell him!
I love these posts!

Taylor @ The Undomestic Momma said...

aww sorry about your dvd! and OH MY GOSH about those drinks...yikes!!!

B said...

I love reading these lists because I can decide REAL quick what i'm going to stop drinking/eating. Luckily, I don't drink anything but water (and the Fresca I am downing right now. stupid stomachache) but it's always so neat to compare things you normally wouldn't think about. Like Sunkist. Yikes!

Whitney said...

Thank you for the nice words on my blog! And you're right - Allison from Smart and Sassy is just SO fab.I'm so excited to follow yours as well. I love health and wellness stuff and so I'm loving this entry, in particular.

Except I'm totally guilty of loving the Starbucks Vanilla iced coffee. Gulp.