Fav Fridays! Soy what?!

/
10 Comments
This week's Favorite Friday topic is:
You Fav Healthy Snack! 

So hard to choose but I will have to say EDAMAME (soy beans). Yum!
I love it with dinner (even though I make it for just me as Justin won't even try it because it has the word bean in it) or for a snack.

I love it.
 
Here's what you'll find in a half-cup serving of shelled edamame (or 1 1/8 cup edamame in the pods):
  • 120 calories
  • 9 grams fiber
  • 2.5 grams fat
  • 1.5 grams polyunsaturated fat (0.3 grams plant omega-3 fatty acids)
  • 0.5 gram monounsaturated fat
  • 11 grams protein
  • 13 grams carbohydrate
  • 15 mg sodium
  • 10% of the Daily Value for vitamin C
  • 10% Daily Value for iron
  • 8% Daily Value for vitamin A
  • 4% Daily Value for calcium
    source


    We are off camping this weekend with the pregster Crystal & Troy (hopefully it stops raining - ah). 
    Last time we went camping was last summer when Cruz was just little, you can read about it here.
    This was when Justin was writing the blog!
    This year she is going to take up a little bit more of the tent!
    Last day at the zoo, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
    Have a great weekend!

    Related Posts

    10 comments:

    Syndal said...

    I LOVE edamame! yums!!

    Justin said...

    Haha Look at you, little blogger! Nice work on the blog babe! I told you I only like one kind of beans... Jelly beans. And none of those horrible little ones with crazy flavours. You always pop one thinking you know what it's gonna taste like and then.... Blahhhhh Buttered Popcorn!

    Jenn @ WestSacHoney said...

    Love edamame. Have a great time camping!

    Sammy said...

    Ohhh edamame is so tasty! :)

    Hope you have good weather for your camping trip and a lot of fun!

    Hilldog said...

    Oh I too love edamame- I never thought of it as a snack! Thanks for the recipe too!

    Mrs. Awesome said...

    LOVE edamame. Steamed with some sea salt sprinkled on top is the best!

    Jen said...

    Ohh edamame good one!! I do like that with a little bit of salt! I LOL'ed at Soy What!? haha
    Hope you're having a fun time camping!

    Mr and Mrs. Stoneking said...

    This is more of what I SHOULD be eating! Yum! Love your blog by the way, you and your husband are absolutely adorable! :)

    Monique said...

    It's our favorite snack!!! So good and healthy.

    This Mom said...

    Hi there! Just found you through Follow Me, I'm Canadian and I am now following!

    You have a great blog - the photos in the header are gorgeous! Unforuntately, as a picky eater with limited culinary skills, your recipes will be wasted on me...sigh...

    Kate @ This Mom Loves