Fav Friday, the Rodeo & a BABY!

/
7 Comments
Happy fabulous Friday!
This is the first time I have participated in Favorite Fridays over at Jen's blog A Girl in Pearls & A Boy with Toys! Today's favorite is your fav cocktail.

This is easy for me: Asti Martini Champagne! Yummers!
The one on the right is the best.
We served this with fresh raspberries at our wedding during the appetizers and receiving line.
It was a hit and we've been drinking it ever since. It's sweet not too dry.


Second place: Mojitos
I got hooked on these when we were in Cuba. They grew the fresh mint right at our resort and they were delicious. Even when the weather outside was frightful these were the drink of choice for me.
While we were on holidays last week I tried a raspberry mojito and it was to die for.
Mmmm Justin is going to have to try and concoct one for me on a hot summer day soon!
We've made the regular mojitos before and they are quite easy and just as tasty. Here is a recipe:

Ingredients:

  • 4 mint leaves
  • 1 lime (for juicing)
  • 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
  • 2 ounces white rum
  • 2 ounces club soda
  • 1 sprig of mint (for garnishing)
  • Splash of bitters
  • crushed ice
Enjoy!

::::::::::::AND for my most exciting news:::::::::
My cousin Logan had her baby boy yesterday! Yippee!
Dal was born at 9:50am weighing in at a whopping 10lbs 5.8oz and 22.5 inches long! wowers!
Good work Log!
No pictures yet but I will FOR SURE post them when I get them!
I know Dal is dying to meet his Aunty Alison, so lucky him I will be there in 10 days!
Congrats Logan, Marcos, Mayela & Avah!

Yesterday we went to the Rodeo for Stampede with my brother and his GF Jolie who is visiting from NY. For those of you that don't know about Stampede check it out here. It is huge in our city and takes place every year. There is the rodeo, chuck wagon races, a fab Grandstand Show, carnival games, tons of rides, really greasy delicious mini donuts & typical fair food, beer....you get the idea.
Anyways I had never been to the rodeo so it was super fun (but I didn't like the calf roping, the little calves always got up after wards but I felt bad for them).
The seats my Dad got us through work were awesome! Thanks Pops.


 Not looking good for this guy


Jeff & Jolie (my pictures)

Jeff & Jolie (Justin's picture, trying to show me up and get the Stampede sign in it)


Us (picture #1)


Us again (me being super picky, making Jeff take another picture to get our stampede get-up in the picture!)
This is one of my new dresses from Whistler, just so happens to be a little 'stampedish' and looks cute with cowboy boots!

ghfghghf

Oh dear!


Then we were off to the beer gardens. Yes I drank beer. Not on my top 10 or even top 20 of fav drinks.
But on a hot day, a nice Bud Light Lime will do me just fine.

Justin, Jolie, Jeff & Webber
Jolie & I

Justin had clear instruction to get the boots in (do you see how they are cropped out above...unacceptable. This calls for a re-do thank you very much!)
:)
I love my cowboy boots and only get to wear them once a year if I'm lucky.
Unless I go as at cow girl at school for Halloween! I've done that once or twice! ;)

    Now we are off to the lake with my in-laws and Jolie. Come on SUN shine!
    My Aunt is even having a Stampede breakfast for us all at the lake.
    Mmmm....maybe I should bring my cowboy boots!

    Have a good weekend all!

    Related Posts

    7 comments:

    Hannah @ The New Black said...

    We've thought about heading up to that rodeo for years, but have never made it. It looks like so much fun! I am not a big champagne drinker because the taste always puts me off...too dry. I'll have to give this one a try!

    Jen said...

    I LOVE champagne; seriously we keep bottles in the house haha and one of hubby's fave is mojitos! Good picks!
    I love that dress; looking good!

    Jenn @ WestSacHoney said...

    Love love love cowboy boots I can barely squeeze in one wear a year. We are suppose to go to Rascal Flatts tomorrow so I'm totally rocking those if we go.

    Annie said...

    you girls are too cute in your rodeo outfits!! i love it!!
    looks like ya'll had a lot of fun!!
    i will be trying that champagne asap!! it just looks delicious ;)

    have a great weekend hun!!

    LeAnn said...

    I love mojitos as well. We had Dom at our wedding and every year for our anniversary we get a bottle. I will have to try that champagne

    woodlandsblonde said...

    We are going to a Texas country bar tonight :) hehe. I get to wear my boots too! You all look adorable!

    Rachel and John said...

    I didn't make it to Stampede this year! It looks like you had a great time. I don't love the rodeo but I really like chuckwagon races!