Brotherly love and a family tattoo!

/
4 Comments

For a couple years my brother and I had talked about getting a tattoo together. Then around this time last year we finally decided on one that we were both happy with and that held great significance to both of us.
Jeff had gotten a tattoo the summer before so we decided to go to the same guy at Black Sheep Tattoos.

Our design is an "Ankh" symbol which is the egyptian symbol for life. Our grampa has always worn one around his neck on a chain. And then around the ankh is the initials of Mom, Dad, Gran, Uncle Brian, Grampa, Chris, Nana, Grandad and then I have Jeff's and he has mine. We are very lucky to have 3 sets of incredible grandparents and THE BEST parents.

I made Jeff go first because I was freaking out really was not ready yet! I had butterflies all day, didn't eat my lunch and was pretty much shakin' in my flip flops! Of course Jeff didn't flinch, cry, jump, scream or beg him to stop which I had invisioned myself doing come my turn...
I will say that mine most likely hurt more anyways because mine was on my side ribs and Jeff's was on his upper thigh...just sayin'! And it obvious I am much tougher than him but that's a given.

Show off

Jeff's final product!
His is much bigger than mine and just one color.


My turn! Ah! In this one Jeff said I didn't look impressed.
Let me scratch your ribs with a needle and see how impressed you are Bud!


So he made me smile!

Ouch!

My final product! Love my colors!
Even through that was the most painful part.
Something like someone burning you and scraping your ribs with a knife all at the same time.
Delightful! But worth it.


And Jeff surprised me so this was my wedding present from him!
I love it and hope someday to get something to represent Justin and my future kiddos, hopefully with Justin! Possibly on my foot!
(But don't tell Mom, Dad or Gran!)

Related Posts

4 comments:

Rachel and John said...

I love this idea! I think it looks beautiful!

Erica said...

So cute! I love it!

Jenn @ WestSacHoney said...

Hey Girl! I finally got to stop by your blog! I love your tattoo I love any tattoos with colors and what it symbolizes is great I appreciate those types of tattoos. I'm a new follower!

Brittany said...

I love this tattoo! Especially since it has such a special meaning behind it. It looks great :-)