Sunshine-y Day!

/
3 Comments
Since we didn't have much sun this long weekend I was more than happy to enjoy it today. This afternoon I took my guys golfing for our life skills unit and we laughed so much! I think I may skip my ab workout my stomach hurts so much. They had a ton of fun and obviously said the funniest things. I wish I could have videotaped them and shared the laughs.


This weekend it was so great to see my brother and hangout with him and the fam at the lake. Always lots of laughs too. Cruz was one happy puppy. She l-o-v-e-d the water. She could not get enough! At night she was a very tired dog as all day long she DID NOT STOP! Pretty sure the lake is her fav place on earth! That's ok with me because it's mine too. I'm not gonna lie, it is really my favorite place when the sun is out, the bikini is on and the lake is calling my name - but I can't complain. A bad day at the lake is better than a good day in the city.

Why do I have to come in?


Two of my favs, tired after a long day.


Also, can I just say I am SUPER DUPER excited for Jeff's GF Jolie to come visit us in July! I've only met her once but we hung-out for my last weekend visiting Geneseo and we had a blast. She is uber sweet, fun and just my kind of girl. SO I just know we will have a great visit here and at the lake! Yippee!


Lastly, I thought I would share this recipe. I made this this weekend as it was a hit, super delicious and way easy. Enjoy!

Rhubarb Berry Crisp


Mix together:
4 cups diced rhubarb
5 cups berries (I used blackberries, raspberries, blueberries & strawberries)
1/4 cup  honey
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla

Mix together:
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup instant plain oatmeal
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut in cubes
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Pour fruit mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish
Pour oat mixture on top of fruit mixture
Bake at 350C for 30 min
(I served it with vanilla ice cream)

Yummy in my tummy!

Related Posts

3 comments:

Rachel and John said...

That looks so good! I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!!

~J said...

Thanks so much for the follow..I had to come check you out. You & your husband are absolutely ADORABLE together!! Like ridiculously adorable even! Glad we found each other! XO

Monique said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog :) I grabbed a nice little button "It may be a crazy life, but it's our life" from one of your post and put it on my blog with a link to your blog!!
Monique ♥
www.homesweetflorida.blogspot.com