Spring Break (for Alison, not Justin)! Did I mention Justin had to work...! :)

/
5 Comments
"The most important things in life are your friends, family, health, good humor and a positive attitude towards life. if you have these then you have everything" - Unknown

I love SPRING! It starts out a little brown but before we know it it will be green, sunny and flip flop weather! With one last snow fall no doubt!

Today was our first day back from spring break but my classroom guys and I are already counting down until summer break! Only 62 school days until summer vacation! :)

To kick off spring break Mom, Dad, Justin and I went to a concert. It was Tim McGraw and Lady Antebellum (opened for Tim). It was incredible. I really love Lady A right now and I could sing along to every song they performed so it was a great start to the concert.
All of their songs are great but here is my favorite song right now, "I need you now":

Then Tim was phenomenal. He is a great performer, sang tons of his greatest hits and looked great while doing it! What more could we ask for! Justin was disappointed his wife, Faith Hill, didn't make an appearance though. Maybe next time!


I have been itching to paint so over spring break I tackled the upstairs bathroom. After a quick color change after the first coat of the brown and a few hiccups; it is almost finished and I am really happy with it. I don't think Justin will EVER let me paint again but I had fun having a project of my own. Here are a few pictures. Like I said, it is not quite complete, I still have a few decorating ideas up my sleeve (just don't tell Justin)! Note: the color was hard to capture on camera, they are actually much deeper than they are bright...you will all just have to come see it for yourselves!

 
We enjoyed Easter dinner with Debbie, Crystal and Troy a few days early. Debbie made her famous and most delicious Chicken Casserole and Pistachio Dessert. So good and we left SO full.
Then we were off to the lake for Easter weekend. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend. Very quiet and the weather was great. We had 2 fabulous dinners, Nana did a Roast and Yorkshire Puddings (especially for Justin) and Aunty Cathy did a Turkey. Again SO full yet both were delectable.
 
There is no better way to say it, Cruz LOVES the lake. She hardly stopped all weekend and when she did, she crashed. She went on long walks the whole time chasing sticks, went for a long skate with Grampa to the main pier and back, chased her ball while we played Bocci, hauled ice chunks from the lake, played in the exposed water and basically ran around the property like a goof. She had so much fun but was down right exhausted by the time we arrived home Sunday night.
 
Here she is watching Canadian geese that were taunting her...
 

Getting a drink... She looks like such a big girl! She was at the vet on Thursday and she weighs 24.2 kg and the vet said she looks like she is done growing. We love her size.


Testing the waters...

She had a great time dragging pieces on ice onto the grass and then scratching at them to break them...


We had fun playing Bocci on the ice with Mr. and Mrs. T, Lindsey, Steve, Mom, Dad, Justin and I. The ice was starting to melt so it was a little slushy. Before we even started playing Mrs. T fell through past her knees - but don't worry she was wearing boots! Needless to say she had to change! Luckily for the guys, us girls play much better on land...so we let them take the win. :)


Overall, a great weekend. Except I think I devoured over 1,000 2,000 calories worth of mini eggs. Why do they have to be so delicious...

"May today, tomorrow and tomorrows tomorrow, be filled with laughter shared with those you love." -Unknown

Related Posts

5 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Lucky girl! I would love to see Lady A in concert! They are my fav right now! I want Hilary to be my BFF! Haha.

Your dog is precious!

Alison said...

Thanks! Yes, Lady A was AMAZING! I love every song on the new album! :)

Candice said...

Love all of your pictures.

I'm not much of a Country fan, but I was considering going to see Tim in concert. I just love going to concerts period. Anyway, it's good to know that he doesn't suck live. :)

J and A said...

Thanks! He is great live and yummy to look at in a Cowboy hat! :)

Mom said...

Thanks for the kind words AJ and Krink. We were all pretty pleased considering we hadn't really "trained" for the run. Better do that next time!!